£26,470 per annum
Full time – 35 hours per week
Drawing on over 30 years’ experience of refugee resettlement; Refugee Action are continuing to work with Worcestershire County Council as part of the Syrian Vulnerable Person Resettlement Programme to welcome a further 50 refugees into the county. We are looking for a committed and motivated individual to join us as Resettlement Worker – Worcestershire.
This will include providing support around housing, health, education and employment in co-operation with a wide range of agencies.
With a focus on fostering independence and respect for the culture, personal history and situation of service users you will also have experience of undertaking support work with clients in their own accommodation, and of developing assessment plans to meet clients’ needs.
Along with the above, you will also have:
- The ability to work with and provide training or information to groups.
- Ability to deliver care plans in cooperation and partnership with a range of organisations and experience of doing so.
- A working knowledge of UK mainstream services e.g. Education, Health, Housing, Welfare Benefits and community support systems.
- Experience and understanding of supporting volunteers to deliver services to clients.
- A driving licence and use of a car for work
This post will have an office base in Worcestershire (the location of the office base is to be confirmed and could be located anywhere within the county). The post will require significant travel across the county and some travel (approximately twice a month) to Birmingham for team meetings and trainings.
For more information and to apply, visit the Refugee Action page.
Closing date: 09:00am, Friday 18th January 2019